Please address all points below to ensure the highest quality services can be provided for your listing. All extreme photoshop enhancements are by special request. Common oversights are garbage can removal, missing and burnt lawn patches, security signs in landscaping, portable basketball goals, planned unfinished repairs, screen replacement on TV's, simulated wall art staging when possible etc.
- Move vehicles from drive and away from the front of home.
- Place trash barrels, and anything that is not attached to the home, in the Garage or out of sight.
- Cut grass, and remove all weeds from cracks in concrete.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Remove the yard sign.
- When possible, water the grass 4-5 hours prior to shooting- Even a brown lawn will look better.
- Remove any calendar, notes, and all personal photographs.
- Clear all counter tops. – No scrubbies, soap, knives or cutting boards.
- Okay to leave 1-2 small appliances for size perception, but more than that can be distracting.
- Clear the Refrigerator completely. – No magnets, pictures, lists etc…
- Clean shiny appliances very well – Dirty appliances will look smudged with flash cameras.
- Remove Trashcan from Kitchen.
- Open all drapes and blinds on windows with a good view. – An exception would be Baths and some Bedrooms.
- For security and reduced chance of damage to irreplaceable item
- Remove any expensive artwork and Firearms from view. Even if they are decorative.
- Move/Remove any furniture that obstructs windows.
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF. They will create a motion blur in your photo and even video.
- Turn all inside lights ON. This will help balance the light in most areas.
- Turn all Televisions OFF, and clean them very well.
- Make Beds and Close Closets. If you showcase a closet, do so separately if possible.
- Open doors between rooms to give an open feeling when possible.
- Remove ALL evidence of pets.
- Remove rugs from floors, especially from tile or wood floors.
- Conceal Cords! Unplug them from the wall if needed. (Except lights)
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- No shoes by doors or anywhere… Please place them in the closet.
- Toilet lids should be down.
- Clear the Counter-top from absolutely every item considered to be personal.
- Remove cleaning brushes and trashcans.
- Close Shower Curtains. If custom tiled bath, showcase with shower curtain half-open.
- Remove Toilet Paper from Holder, or use a full roll. No partial Rolls please.
There are many other items to consider when preparing a home for Real Estate Photography, however by just following the above guidelines, your listing should stand out from the crowd. You only get one chance to make a first impression.